Why Is There A 4×4 Adventure Park in Woodhill Forest?
The Polaris 4WD park has been created to fill a need within the Auckland Region for a venue that will enable 4WD owners regardless of their skill level to experience the thrill of driving off road.
4WD / 4×4 Venue That Is Safe, Close To Auckland And Caters To Beginners Through To Experienced 4WD Owners…
A venue was needed that was interesting for people to drive around, safe, close to Auckland city and would cater to all skill levels.
You Can Even Drive Around the Polaris 4WD Park in Woodhill Forest In Your City Based Vehicle!
What makes the Polaris 4WD park different from other off-road ventures is it caters for BOTH experienced 4×4 owners and their off-road capable vehicles (eg. Jeep, Toyota 4×4)…
AND the suburban driver with 4WD ute’s like the Isuzu D-Max, even their brand new Landrover or Jeep!
Graded Tracks – From Beginner To Advanced 4×4 Driver (+ 4WD Vehicle)
All the tracks at Polaris 4WD park are graded as a guide from beginner level through to advanced.
- Beginner Level: We endearvour to try and remove stumps, brush/branches etc so your (brand new?) 4WD wheel drive doesn’t get scratched and can clear all pot holes etc. i.e. you can have lots of fun with the family in your car and not scratch it, or damage it in anyway (unless you go off the track…). Learn more by clicking here.
- Intermediate Level: Similar to the beginner level of 4wd tracks and trails, just a little steeper, deeper ponds of water…. (no alligators and raises the hair on the back of your neck a little more… Like all tracks in our park at Woodhill Forest, we have enderved to remove stumps and brush/branches to minimise potential damage to your vehicle :-).
- Advanced Level: Not for the faint hearted! These are tracks that experienced (typically 4WD Club Members) come out and put their driving skills and their vehicle to the test! Click here to learn more.
All Year Round Use…
Woodhill Forest is a spectacular unique venue for this activity because of it’s sand base, this enables it to be used all year. Not only will 4WD owners be able to enjoy the 4WD Park area, but special trips and events will be run in other parts of the forest, these trips will be advertised in the newsletter, you can register free for the news letter, The Mud Club. (Scroll to the bottom of the page to sign up).
4WD Driver Training…
Another important feature of the Polaris 4WD park is the 4wd driver training program run by Roger Winslade with Pass Rite Driving Academy. Contact Roger on 0275355770 for further details
Polaris 4WD park want’s to encourage the safe use of 4WD vehicles and to see owners get the maximum enjoyment from their vehicle and to have fun out there.
Are You Ready To Have Some Fun?
Take out your diary right now and blank out this Saturday or Sunday (all day) and come on out to the Polaris 4WD park. You also need to sign up to ‘The Mud Club’. We will keep you informed of up and coming events, etc. (Sign up at bottom of the page).
- Experienced off-road user? Click here to learn more…
- 4WD Night Adventure Trip? Click here to learn more…
The 4WD Adventure Has Only Just Began…
This is only the beginning of what we have planned for the Polaris 4WD park.
Future plans include:
• Further development of the Old Logging Camp for an event area.
• Ongoing track and trail building program, (the possibilities are endless.)
• Team building days and events.
• Mid-week forest / South head safari tours.
• Night forest runs.
To be informed of when we offer these events and extra features of the park please sign up as a ‘Mud Club’ member. (Sign up below)